880 Charmaine Drive East
Woodville, TX 75979
NEWS & UPDATES
STREET UPDATE - June 19, 2015
I am writing this to attempt to keep the community aware of what is going on, in this instance, with our streets.
• At the last City Council Meeting, we officially passed an "Emergency Declaration", because of the extensive damage to our roads caused by the excessive rains up to that point.
• CD has been working diligently to compile a comprehensive damage assessment to submit to our Emergency Management Director, Dale Freeman.
• After Wednesday's rain event, that assessment is almost useless due to the fact that now the situation is much, much worse.
• Wednesday, CD was out in the rain putting up barricades warning folks about areas that were impassable or where roads had to be completely closed because the road surface was totally washed out.
• We are aware of how dire the situation is and are addressing each situation and determining priorities. We are asking for your patience and cooperation. We need you to report damage - that is often the best way we have of being informed. Then, be patient with us as we are addressing the problems as quickly as we can.
• The rain event Wednesday was so bad that we were considering having to close Galahad Dam to traffic because it looked like the water might go over the road surface making crossing the dam dangerous.
• Here is where I would like to publicly thank Rusty Harrison for being out in the storm opening valves to keep the water from coming over the roadway, not only on Galahad but at Camelot Dam and Charmaine also. These things get done without us realizing how they get done. Thanks Rusty!
• The other individual who always goes above and beyond is of course, CD. I was with him Wednesday night at about 8 PM as we checked lake levels to see what needed to be done and I know that he was still planning on going out later to make sure the dam was safe to cross. Thanks, CD!
Finally, I want to thank all of you for your patience and cooperation!