870 Charmaine Drive East
Woodville, TX 75979
News & Events: May 2, 2017
Well here we are in the beginning of our “summer season”. It is great to see all of the activity on our lakes. It is a time for all of us to remember to be safe. Be sure and have life jackets available when boating and use them when skiing or jet skiing, etc. Also make sure swimmers are out of the way of boat traffic. Have fun and be safe!!
One of the ways we kick off the season here in the City of Ivanhoe is with our Memorial Day Fish Fry, put on by our Fire Department. They are raising funds for building a new facility so it is really important to support the effort. In addition, they provide us with an amazing 4th of July fireworks display! So be sure and come out and enjoy a great meal the 27th beginning at 10:30 AM!
I would like to invite everyone to come to our May Council meeting. We have invited our County Appraiser, David Luther, to come and visit us and be available to answer questions regarding our appraisals.
Another important event this month will be a Town Hall meeting the 13th of May after the IPOIA meeting. We scheduled this one on a Saturday in order to accommodate our non-resident property owners.
The Town Hall Meetings provide an opportunity for us to hear from our citizens. Your input is important to us. On the agenda for this meeting:
- Comprehensive Plan being created for us by Texas A&M
- Streets, dams, maintenance and financing
- Door to door solicitation
- Update on High-Speed Internet
- Questions & Answers and pertaining to the above
As many of you may have noticed, our two concrete dams, Galahad and Charmaine have been re-caulked. In the process, voids under both dams were detected and we are looking at costly repair. This will also be addressed at the Town Hall Meeting.
It is so important that folks stay informed and the best way to do that is to come to meetings, check out our website (cityofivahoetx.com) and of course, ask any questions you may have. I am always available to answer any questions and if I do not know the answer, I will find out.
We look forward to seeing you!
Trash Collection Service
At the City Council meeting Feb. 9, a Franchise agreement was agreed upon and a contract signed with Local Sanitation to provide trash collection service in the City of Ivanhoe.
The idea was discussed at a Town Hall Meeting in January. At this meeting, the Council decided to go out for bids. Piney Woods and Local Sanitation submitted bids.
A committee which was appointed to open the bids, analyze pros and cons of each one, and come up with a recommendation, made the recommendation to enter into the agreement with Local Sanitation. Details of the agreement are outlined below.
The cost per customer will be $20.00 per month. That will represent a discount for most customers while providing a Franchise Fee to be paid to the City.
This will actually take effect on April 1, 2017. You will be contacted by Local Sanitation before that date in order to enter into a new agreement. While contracting for trash collection is not mandatory, if you wish to have trash collection service after April 1, 2017, you will be required to use the services of Local Sanitation (409-224-1780) as they will be the exclusive provider of this service.
The following stipulations were included in the Ordinance:
1. Participation is not mandatory; however, if residents wish to participate in the service Local Sanitation will be the sole service provider.
2. Local Sanitation will be responsible for contracting, billing and collection of fees.
3. All trash receptacles must be provided by Local Sanitation (referred to as trashcans), they must be dark green in color and have the Local Sanitation logo.
4. A deposit for the use of said trashcans will be charged by Local Sanitation.
5. In the event of lost, stolen or damaged trashcans, a non-refundable fee will be charged as agreed upon between the City and Local Sanitation.
6. Trashcans can be left at the curb for a period no longer that 24 hours at a time.
7. Dumpsters are not allowed to be used on residential properties except for demolition or construction, and can only remain on the property for a period of 30 days. A permit for dumpster use must be obtained from the City and can be extended if necessary.
8. Dumpsters placed on commercial property must be enclosed in a privacy fence and not visible from the street.
9. All dumpsters placed within the City of Ivanhoe must be dark green in color and display the Local Sanitation logo.
-- Committee Analysis and Recommendation Presented to the Council Feb. 9, 2017.
-- Contract Between City of Ivanhoe and Local Sanitation Final
-- 2017-6 Franchise Agreement for Collection of Solid Waste