The newly formedLakeside Theater Company is proud to announce its first production: “Dead to the Last Drop” by Ken Jones and directed by Gayle Forsberg to be held at the Ivanhoe Community Center.
“Dead to the Last Drop” is a hilarious interactive mystery that takes place
in a coffeehouse and bookstore called “Café Caffeine”. The crazy cast
of characters leads the audience through a maze of funny twists and turns. Opportunity for the audience and cast interaction reaches a peak when the audience is allowed to vote on the ending that they want to hear! There are four possible killers and four possible endings!
Performance dates are: March 3 - 7:30 PM, March 4 - 7:30 PM,
March 5 - 2:30 PM, March 10 - 7:30 PM, and March 11 - 7:30 PM
At the City Council meeting February 9th, a Franchise agreement was agreed upon and a contract signed with Local Sanitation to provide exclusive trash collection service in the City of Ivanhoe.
The idea was discussed at a Town Hall Meeting in January and at the January
Council meeting it was decided to go out for bids. Piney Woods and Local Sanitation submitted bids.
A committee that was appointed to open the bids, analyze pros and cons
of each one and come up with a recommendation, made the recommendation to enter into the agreement with Local Sanitation. Full details of the agreement are outlined in the links below.
The cost per customer will be $20.00 per month. That will represent a discount for most customers while providing a Franchise Fee to be paid to the City.
This will actually take effect on April 1, 2017. You will be contacted by Local Sanitation before that date in order to enter into a new agreement. While contracting for trash collection is not mandatory, if you wish to have trash collection service after April 1, 2107, you will be required to use the services of Local Sanitation (409-224-1780) as they will be the exclusive provider of this service.
The following stipulations were included in the Ordinance:
1. Participation is not mandatory; however if residents wish to participate in the service, Local Sanitation will be the sole service provider.
2. Local Sanitation will be responsible for contracting, billing and collection of fees.
3. All trash receptacles must be provided by Local Sanitation (referred to as trashcans), they must be dark green in color and have the Local Sanitation Logo.
4. A deposit for the use of said trashcans will be charged by Local Sanitation.
5. In the event of lost stolen or damaged trashcans, a non-refundable fee will be charged as agreed upon between the City and Local Sanitation.
6. Trashcans can be left at the curb for a period of no longer than 24 hours at a time.
7. Dumpsters are not allowed to be used on residential properties except for demolition or construction and can only remain on the property for a period of 30 days. A permit for dumpster use must be obtained from the City and can be extended if necessary.
8. Dumpsters placed on commercial property must be enclosed in a privacy fence and not visible from the street.
9. All Dumpsters placed within the City of Ivanhoe must be dark green in color and display the Local Sanitation Logo.